CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

This is my second week with the kiddies and I am still loving it. Although I have yet to actually spend time in my classroom with them, I do enjoy bopping into their classroom to say hello. Today we began progress monitoring. Basically, the kiddies from all the grade levels complete reading tasks (reading a passage, saying letter sounds, naming letters...etc..) and we track their progress using a palm pilot. Pretty awesome! We will complete the testing tomorrow. Then, we compile the data and track individual progress, as well as by grade level. This then helps me create goals for the kids. That's my job in a nutshell.

Totally off the subject, I went to the dentist today. I have been having issues with wisdom teeth. Yucky. The dentist took an x-ray and revealed that in fact the pain is from the wisdom teeth, but also three cavities. I have to set up a consultation for the oral surgeon for the wisdom teeth. More than likely, I can wait to have them pulled because of their location. They are not quite through the gums yet, but the way they are positioned, each of them are still by the main nerve. Basically, if the oral surgeon attempts to pull them now, he could mess up the nerve. This will lead to me not having feeling in my mouth. I think MAYBE it's a good idea to deal with the pain I have now, then to not feel anything for the rest of my life. Even trade, I suppose. When I do have them pulled, I have to strategically plan it so that I will have recovery time. Being a first year teacher, I am granted 12 sick days, but I don't think it's a good idea to be taking all of them right away; it's kind of frowned upon. Anyway, good news is that I will survive. Haha.

I feel like I have so much to say (even with the pain in my mouth), but I cannot think of anything else. Oh yes, the weather today? Absolutely wonderful!!!! I should have been laying out, instead of being inside. Speaking of weather (another minor side-note) If anybody has friends or family members living in Louisiana, my thoughts are prayers go out to them. This must be a scary time for all of those people who are in Hurricane Gustav's path. Hang in there, be strong.

1 comments:

Rosko said...

Hey, glad to know you're havin fun with the kids. Also glad to know that your wisdom teeth issue is in such imminent need of repair as once thought. Hope the planning goes well!!!!